New Birding Southeast Arizona app now available!
The new Birding Southeast Arizona app is now available for Apple iOS device (iPhone, iPad), and an Android version is coming soon! A collaboration between the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory and the Tucson Audubon Society with funding from the Southeastern Arizona Birding Trail committee, the app covers 130 birding sites in six subregions, all vetted by local experts.
The app, designed by Aves Amigos LLC, takes bird-finding to the next level:
- Use GPS to find birding “sites near me.”
- Plan your next trip by searching for sites near a city or ZIP code.
- Search all sites for a “target bird,” and find the nearest location.
- Get turn-by-turn directions and find nearby amenities.
- Access an online bird guide for quick reference in the field.
- Tag your favorite spots and share with your friends.
- Track and log your sightings and share custom sighting maps with your friends.
The app is listed in the App Store as “Birding SEAZ.” Proceeds benefit the education, research, and conservation programs of the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory and Tucson Audubon Society.
Click the screenshots below for a preview of the iPhone interface: