Ash Canyon Bird Sanctuary remains open
SABO’s Ash Canyon Bird Sanctuary remains open under the following restrictions:
- We have set a goal to limit occupancy to no more than 10 visitors at a time, with restrictions on parking as necessary to enforce the limitation.
- Chairs have been spaced to allow the 6 feet of social distancing recommended by infectious disease experts; we ask that visitors leave chairs in this configuration.
- Visitors should be aware of possible contamination of chairs, donation box, doorknobs, and other surfaces and take appropriate precautions.
- Interactions with volunteers and staff will also be limited for everyone’s health and safety.
- Though we will continue to accept cash donations to support the sanctuary, we encourage visitors to consider making donations online through SABO’s Web site or Paypal. (QR codes on the donation box at the entrance direct to these links.)
We will continue to monitor the recommendations of public health officials and are prepared to close the sanctuary if directed by authorities or if SABO’s staff and board members deem it necessary to safeguard the health and safety of our visitors and volunteers.
We appreciate the birding community’s support and assistance during these difficult times.