with Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory & Naturalist Journeys
December 1-11, 2022
Experience Trinidad and Tobago, the best introduction to tropical birding on the planet, with our 11-day/10-night 2-Island Classic Tour. Trinidad, with its proximity to Venezuela, offers a variety of birds not usually seen on islands (Caroni Marsh, with its daily Scarlet Ibis Spectacular, is an iconic destination in itself), while Tobago feels entirely different―classic Caribbean. Combined, these islands provide a variety of habitats that yield dramatic diversity.
Spend time with toucans, trogons, manakins, colorful tanagers, elegant seabirds, and more, based out of three locations: the Hacienda Jacana and Mt. Plaisir at Grand Riviere on Trinidad, and the delightful Cuffie River Nature Retreat on Tobago.
Tour Highlights on Trinidad
- ♦ Experience outstanding birding from cozy cottages used as our base for also exploring the mountains, savanna, and mangroves of Central Trinidad.
- ♦ Enjoy big vistas up in the mountains of Trinidad’s Northern Range.
- ♦ Bird in varied habitats from savanna to mangroves, lowland forest to mountain terrain.
- ♦ Dine in a local village known for making quality chocolates and great birding.
- ♦ Discover intimate views and potential photos of birds at gardens in selected lunch stops, with brilliantly colored hummingbirds, honeycreepers, tanagers, toucans, and more.
- ♦ Witness skies turned crimson with thousands of Scarlet Ibis coming in to roost in Caroni National Park as you glide through mangroves on a quiet boat ride.
- ♦ Find the tiny Tufted Coquette and up to 14 other species of hummingbirds.
Tour Highlights on Tobago
- ♦ Arrive to a frenzy at Cuffie River Nature Retreat’s feeders, perfect for observation and photography and a great place to see the beautiful Ruby-topaz Hummingbird.
- ♦ Enjoy creative tropical architecture; let the breeze be your ventilation in this peaceful mountain retreat.
- ♦ Take a swim—from the pool watch Trinidad Motmot, Rufous-vented Chachalaca, and Orange-winged Parrot.
- ♦ Marvel at dinner guests that may include (just outside) a White-tailed Nightjar or Common Potoo.
- ♦ Visit Tobago’s historic Main Ridge Forest Preserve and Little Tobago Island with experienced, local guides, followed by a boat ride to land and observe seabirds on Little Tobago Island.
11-Day / 10-Night Ultimate Trinidad & Tobago Birding Tour with Sheri Williamson & Tom Wood
$4990 DBL / $5785 SGL per person, from Port of Spain
Arrival Airport is Piarco International (POS)
Departure Airport is Tobago-Crown Point Airport (TAB)
Typical group size is 7 – 8 participants.
For additional information or to reserve tour space, contact: